Frequently Asked Questions About Security
Do you have any security guard / patrol positions currently available?
Please navigate to http://www.seek.com.au to view current work placement positions.
How does the recruitment process for security guards at Unified Security work?
Applications for current work avaialable positions are invited via http://www.seek.com.au. Once these applications are reviewed, pertinent applicants are then invited to take part in a first round of interviews. A review process then takes place with Operation Managers assessing the suitability of each of the first round candidates. A final interview round is organised with candidates from the first round who best meet the criteria for the available position(s). Prior to the commencement of the final interview round, reference checks are performed, Security Licenses are verified, and when management is satisfied with the candidate(s) supplied documentation, the final interviews take place where position(s) may be awarded. Please Note: Unified is an equal opportunity employer.
What Accreditation’s does Unified Security hold?
- AS/NZS 4801 – Occupational Health & Safety Management System Australian Standard
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System British Standard
- ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System
- ISO14001 – Environmental Management System
- Whole of Government NSW Contract approved supplier
- Certified Avetta System for Transport Services
- CM3 Certificated
Can you provide security services for special events e.g. birthday parties?
Yes we can. Just be prepared as our staff will ask a few questions regarding the booking.
Examples of some of the question you may be asked:
- How many people are you expecting?
- What will the average age of the attendees be?
- Will there be adult/parental supervision? (appropriate for where minors will be attending)
- Will there be alcohol available?
- Location Type? (Private residence or a hall, function centre, rural property etc…)
- Will there be a guest list available to our Security Staff?
- Date, location, start-time and finish-time?
Who are some of your clients?
Unified closely maintains a certain level of discretion in regards to revealing who our clients are. However we have recently updated our website and you can see some of our client’s logos displayed in a rotational graphic on our home page.
What Industry Memberships does Unified Security Hold?
- ASIAL (Australian Security Industry Association Limited)
- SPAAL (Security Providers Association of Australia Ltd)
- ARA (Australasian Railway Association)
What areas do you provide services in?
Unified is a national company and as such we provide security services nationwide.
Do you sell, install or provide support for CCTV and/or alarm systems for residential properties?
Yes we can. Just contact our headquarters in Sydney and we will do our best to accommodate you. Some brands of Alarms Systems may require specific codes or documentation in order to meet your requirements, however we will request all the pertinent information from you (or if you are unable to provide it, we may be able to source it from a supplier/manufacturer) before a booking commences.
I have an alarm system in my home – are you able to provide a back to base monitoring service?
Yes we do. If you would like to discuss the options that we have available just give our headquarters in Sydney a call and we will do our best to accommodate you.
I operate a security business under an individual Master Licence – will you consider subcontracting some services that you provide to your clients, to me?